The Sports Medicine Association of Serbia was founded on July 24th, 1995 as an association of specialists in Sport Medicine, physicians of other specialties, as well as other experts engaged in health care and improvement of physical abilities of participants in sports and recreation in the territory of the Republic of Serbia.
New constitution and new members of the Executive and Supervisory Committee have been elected on the Assembly of Sports Medicine Association of Serbia on December 22, 2006. Prof. dr Slobodan Zivanic is relected as President.
The second president, elected in 2010. is Prof. Dr. Zdeslav Milinkovic, one of best Serbian orthopedists, longtime director of the Spinal center, and head of the Medical team of both Davis Cup and Fed Cup teams of Serbia. The tradition of writing and publishing books in the field of sports medicine was continued by Prof. Milinkovic publishing book "Sports Medicine in questions and answers" (2010).
The aim of this association is:
|1. Development and improvement of proffesional and science based practice in field of sport medicine and sport science.
2. Through association activities providing an adequate health care for all the athletes
3. Protection of proffesional interest as well as interest of doctors and medical stuff who are involved in sport medicine.
4. Education in field of sport medicine, publishing appropriate diplomas and licences
5. Edition of scientific and experts publications
6. Cooperation with other national sport medicine associations.
UMSS is a member of:
Sports Association of Serbia (SSS)
Olympic Committee of Serbia (OKSCG)
Balkan Sports Medicine Association (BSMA)
European Federation of Sports Medicine Associations (EFSMA)
International Federation of Sports Medicine (FIMS)